Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Week Old Today!


Dear little Gerad,

Remember when I visited you last night? When I talked to you, you kicked with your little legs and even opened your eyes a bit as to see who I was. Even among all the tubes and drains and wires, I could definitely see how cute you are! The nurses think so too, and that is why they gave you a smiley face bead on your string! Did you kick off your blanket again after we left? =)
Your Daddy and Mommy are staying so strong through this all. They long so greatly to hold you, but can’t yet because of your open chest. I am praying that you recover in leaps and bounds and we all can hold you and you can snuggle up against us! You are a little, strong fighter, you know!
Tante Grie and your cousin Johan came from Holland yesterday too! Your mom was happy for that and I hope they can visit you as often as possible.
God Bless you dear Gerad!

Love and gentle hugs, tante Bou

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline said...

Gerad sure is a little fighter!
I can see where that comes from:D Marv and Hannie have been very strong!
Corne and Jacqueline

Jan Neels said...

We are so glad things seem to continue going in the right direction. We hope and pray that may continue and that you will also recieve the strength and courage.
Take care,
Jan, Paula and kids

Unknown said...

Hi,
How are you guys doing?I am fine.
I hope Gerad will be okay!I got two new baby cousins.One is from my aunt Nelly,Tyson Art and Gerad!I hope I will still be able to see Gerad at Christmas (if we come)!
Gerad is very cute!Gerdiens friend`s mom also got a baby!But
it was a baby girl.I agree with everyone Gerad is a strong fighter!
Love:Pieterina Hengstmengel

meadow said...

Dear Marvin, Hannie, and Baby Gerad

We hope that things are progressing the way they should, it seems that gerad is quite the little fighter! Wishing you strengh and all the best in the weeks to come.
Love Ome Arie and Tante Tine and family

Unknown said...

Marvin and Hannie,it is good to hear that things are so far so good.We hope for you that it will keep going the right direction.Everyday when the kids come home from school or if they see me behind the computer,they ask"are there new pictures?"Thanks to Bou for all her work. Love Sjaak, Wilma,Adriaan,Gerdien and Pieterina Hengstmengel.

JP said...

Dear Marvin, Hanny & baby Gerad
We are glad to hear things are improving with little Gerad! We are thinking about you all & wish you many blessings & special moments with him.
All the best, Philip, Jody & Erin

Adriaan Hengstmengel said...

Wow it sure sounds that Gerad is doing really GOOD!!!!! Happy 3rd Birthday!!!!!
From you cuzen Adriaan!!!!!